Availability & Pricing • Here you will find special flat rate group pricing enabling you to determine what your retreat at The Mast Farm Inn would cost, see availability information & guidelines, review general conditions and terms, as well as obtain an official quote.
Needless to say, while what follows is a package price for off the shelf retreat packages based on these specifications, and to enable you to get an understanding of our services and pricing, we can also customize your retreat based on these special rates, keeping it old-fashioned frugal, turn-key simple, and enabling you to add numerous special creative options and features. Contact us by clicking here for a custom designed retreat package.
Pricing • A participant is considered on person participating in all lodging, dining, and any group meetings. Lodging is priced as single occupancy with each participant having their private room, cottage or cabin, private bath, and includes a country gourmet breakfast for one. Rates include meeting refreshments such as water, sodas, coffee, fresh baked treats, and snacks.
Lodging • Below is the total charge per group, per night and not a per person per night charge.
• Total Lodging Charge for 4 rooms and participants • $596.00 per night, includes all lodging charges for 3 rooms, cottage or cabins, and The Granary as meeting & gathering place, and lodging one upstairs. Lodging in The Loom House, The Blacksmith Shop, The Woodwork Shop & The Granary, Meetings in The Granary
• Total Lodging Charge for 5-7 rooms and participants • $1,192.00 per night, includes all lodging charges for 5-7 rooms, cottage or cabins, and The Granary as meeting & gathering place. Lodging in the seven Farmhouse rooms & The Granary, Meetings in The Granary & the ground floor of the Farmhouse, Simplicity at The Mast Farm Inn, Parlor
• Total Lodging Charge for 8-10 rooms and participants • $1,639.00 per night, includes all lodging charges for 8-10 rooms, cottage or cabins, and The Granary as meeting & gathering place. Lodging in the seven Farmhouse rooms, The Loom House, The Blacksmith Shop, The Woodwork Shop, Meetings in The Granary & the ground floor of the Farmhouse, Simplicity at The Mast Farm Inn, Parlor, The Barn Terrace
• Total Lodging Charge for 11-14 rooms and participants • $2,235.00 per night, includes all lodging charges for 11-14 rooms, cottage or cabins, and The Granary as meeting & gathering place. Lodging in the seven Farmhouse rooms, The Loom House, The Blacksmith Shop, The Woodwork Shop, Gazebo Cottage, Maple Spring, Mam’s Refuge, Uncle Earl’s Haven, Meetings in The Granary & the ground floor of the Farmhouse, Simplicity at The Mast Farm Inn, Parlor, The Barn Terrace, and anywhere on the Estate.
Dining • Lodging rates include refreshments such as water, sodas, fresh baked treats, and snacks, and breakfast for one is included. We offer three meal plans, and extra breakfasts for extra guests or children in same room. Meal plan prices below include all beverages except alcoholic beverages.
• Lunch at Over Yonder, per meal/per person • $17.50
• Country Dinner at Simplicity at The Mast Farm Inn, per meal/per person • $30.00
• Gourmet Dinner at Simplicity at The Mast Farm Inn, per meal/per person • $50.00
Planning, Setup & Coordination • Each retreat has planning, setup & coordination, and possibly rental charges, which are included in the total flat rate setup fee. This is a total charge per retreat and not a per night charge.
• For 4 participants • $190.00
• For 5-7 participants • $290.00
• For 8-10 participants • $390.00
• For 11-14 participants • $490.00
“Jenn and I wanted to thank all of you for your incredible hospitality during our stay last week. We had an amazing time, and found the Inn to be even better than what we had imagined. Every little detail was perfect, from the wonderful breakfasts to the tour of the property to the fire raging in the Granary fireplace when we arrived. Your entire team has truly perfected the art of balancing simplicity with luxury. We feel very lucky to have experienced it and look forward to many return visits.” ~ Adam & Jenn
Optional • We can customize your retreat based on these special rates, keeping it turn-key, but enabling you to add options and features from storytelling to dancing, to moonshine tastings, to special activity based excursions. You’d be surprised at the things we have put together for special events, retreats, weddings, family reunions, girl’s nights out, Contact us for a custom retreat package.
• Participants can share a room with their spouse, significant other, their children or friends, who are not themselves participants, and an extra charge applies for these extra breakfasts, housekeeping and amenities for extra non-participant guests sharing the same room. • $40 per night for guests 13 and older, $25 per night for children under 12.
• Participants can share a room with other participants, and an extra charge applies for these extra food and beverage meeting items, breakfasts, housekeeping and amenities for extra participants sharing the same room. • $89 per night for extra participant sharing the same room.
“On behalf of all of us at TripAdvisor, I’m very pleased to welcome The Mast Farm Inn to the Excellence Hall of Fame. This unique accolade is granted only to those businesses that have won the Certificate of Excellence for five years in a row. As you know, the Certificate of Excellence can be earned only by receiving consistently great reviews on the world’s largest travel site.” ~ Marc Charron, President
Availability • Retreats can take place any time throughout the year. The retreat packages presented here are for 2, 3 or 4 night stay retreats which meet the following profile. They take place for check-ins at the earliest on Sundays at 3:00PM, and the latest check-outs on Thursdays at 11:00AM. These packages are not available the months of July, October, November & December, nor within 5 days of a national holidays such as The 4th of July, or social holidays such Mother’s Day.
“So Much More… The Mast Farm Inn of Valle Crucis is nothing short of a handcrafted masterpiece of North Carolina Folk Art”. ~ Emma Johnson
Conditions & Terms • Trying to keep it simple!
Special Dietary Requests • Sometimes for individual diners we can do for free with simple modifications, but in planned group catering type situations with special pricing and lots of folks we cannot. As such, food allergy, special seasoning, substitutions, gluten free, vegetarian and vegan options, or just plain old finicky eater substitutions, available at a 25% special diet request surcharge.
Food & Beverage • As a rule, all meals and beverages need to be provided and served by the Inn. You cannot bring in outside food or beverages without our express authorization and in most cases we are glad to make an exception. This assures however we meet all quality, food and health department, safety requirements, and the alcohol service requirements for a public hospitality enterprise managing group special events.
Deposits & Payment Schedule • 33% at the time of reservation, 33% at check-in, and balance at check-out.
Cancelations • $50 service charge if cancelled 45 days or more before scheduled date of retreat. You forfeit the equivalent of the planning, setup & coordination fee if cancelled between 45 days and 21 days before the scheduled date. You will pay the full payment on the lodging portion of the entire retreat bill if cancelled less than 21 days. We will reimburse you afterwards for what rooms we manage to book in that time frame you had blocked off. We highly recommend travel interruption, or special event interruption insurance, so partial or complete cancelations do not become a financial burden for your group.
Gratuities • As services and meals occur over multiple days, at several events and times with numerous staff, we add a 15-20% gratuity to the entire bill based on your choice within that range so you do not have to attend to individual tipping.
Taxes • The North Carolina state sales tax rate is currently 4.75%, Watauga County Sales Tax is currently at 2.00%, and the Watauga County Room Occupancy Tax is currently at 6%. The lodging component of your bill will therefore be taxed at 12.75%, and the other components at 6.75%. These rate are current at the time of the publication of this page but may vary.
“Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art.” ~ Frederic Chopin
Make Your Own History at The Mast Farm Inn
• Historic Farmhouse, Cottage & Cabin Lodging
• Invigorating Retreats & Workshops
• Memorable Elopements, Weddings & Honeymoons
Award-winning Historic Hotels of America® boutique hotel, and Select Registry® country inn, specializing in historic lodging, weddings, elopements, honeymoons, retreats and workshops, in Historic Valle Crucis, North Carolina. The Mast Farm Inn is on the National Register of Historic Places, as is the entire historic district of Valle Crucis in which it is located; a world-renowned rural mountain village, in the western North Carolina Blue Ridge Parkway and Blue Ridge National Heritage Area.
INFORMATION & RESERVATIONS 1.828.963.5857 • CONTACT
WebSite | Register | FaceBook | Twitter | Pinterest | InstaGram | Google+ | Vimeo