Overview • If you are looking for information on retreats and workshops, you have come to the right place. We specialize in two, three or four day retreats for groups of 4 to 28. Highly affordable set-price rates include all lodging, dining, meeting spaces, and all non-alcoholic refreshments such as coffee, water, sodas, juice, as well as fresh baked treats and snacks.
This website at www.mastfarminn-retreats.com is The Mast Farm Inn’s special purpose website dedicated to retreats and workshops. The Inn’s primary website is at www.themastfarminn.com and can be reached by clicking here.
Make Your Own History at The Mast Farm Inn
Historic Farmhouse, Cottage & Cabin Lodging, Invigorating Retreats & Workshops, Memorable Elopements, Weddings & Honeymoons. The Mast Farm Inn is an award-winning and world renowned Historic Hotels of America® boutique hotel and Select Registry® country inn, specializing in retreats, workshops and weddings, in Historic Valle Crucis, North Carolina. The majestic scenic beauty of Valle Crucis continuously mesmerizes residents and draws visitors from throughout the world.
This OVERVIEW page enables you to get a quick orientation as does “The Express Page” accessible by clicking here.
We specialize in two, three or four day retreats for groups of 4 to 28. Highly affordable set-price rates include all lodging, dining, meeting spaces, and all non-alcoholic refreshments such as coffee, water, sodas, juice, as well as fresh baked treats and snacks.
• In the MAIN section, whose links you will find as the top menu of every page here, we present the basic information to help you navigate get informed promptly as to the profile of our facility retreat, and workshop offerings.
• In the CONTACT section, we provide several forms so you to get in touch with any questions big or small. You can use the simple contact form available by clicking here or the more detailed forms depending on your needs.
• In the OVERVIEW section, we provide a brief overview, and then cover more in depth The Mast Farm Inn, our Lodging & Meeting facilities, Dining & Catering facilities and capabilities, Availability & Pricing information, a snapshot History of the Inn, present the Owners & Staff, try to answer some Frequently Asked Questions, present our retreat Guidelines & Policies, and provide a Sitemap so you can see every page of this website.
• In the LODGING section, we provide a bullet point overview, in Lodging & Meeting provide more detail and images, and we present and provide images of each of the rooms, cottages and cabin.
• In the DINING section, we provide a bullet point overview, in Dining & Catering we provide more detailed information on catering & dining at the Inn. In Simplicity & Menu, we present Simplicity in greater depth, as well as list some of our customary menus, and in Over Yonder & Menu we do the same for Over Yonder situated a few hundred yards from the Inn.
• In the JOURNAL section, your will find Journal our magazine-blog on retreats & workshops. Some recent articles include Make Your Own History at The Mast Farm Inn, and A Gathering on The Ridge, a unique 4 night & 5 day experience package designed and produced by Novel Adventures, which is an example of the type of retreat & workshop we host. A Gathering on The Ridge is particularly indicative of some of the fun and creative retreats we do which benefits from all we and the area has to offer.
About The Mast Farm Inn • The Mast Farm Inn estate is located on 17 acres in the pristine mountain village of Historic Valle Crucis, North Carolina. Valle Crucis, is North Carolina’s first rural historic district, designated as such by the legislature, and the entire community is officially listed on the National Register of Historic Places, as are many of its individual structure.
Valle Crucis is pronounced Valley-Crew-Sis and in Latin means Valley Of The Cross, so named for the rivers and streams which cross our valley. We are on the Watauga River in a beautiful mountain valley a little under a mile long, by about a quarter mile wide, surrounded by mountains, forests, rivers and streams, and our population is eight hundred. Our location, history, geography, climate, and authentically friendly people, all contribute to making it quite simply a treasure… a natural sanctuary & haven of peaceful calm. It is a great place to live, and a great place to spend a few precious days. We are not just in the sticks… we are in the twigs. That is partially true. While you have the impression you stepped back in time and are in the middle of rural nowhere, in fact some of the most vital, diverse and attractive small mountain villages in the United States are within 10 miles, as is the Blue Ridge Parkway, the second most visited National Park in America.
In 2012 The Mast Farm Inn was inducted into Historic Hotels of America, a program of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. There are only 330 Historic Hotels of America hotels in America, among which The Waldorf-Astoria, and only 8 in North Carolina, among which Pinehurst and The Grove Park Inn.
Martha Stewart Living, in the August 2012 edition, includes The Inn in “The Best List” of 34 Best Hotels, as Best Hotel, and Best Food & Drink, and Best Southern Fare: The Mast Farm Inn of Valle Crucis North Carolina. Simplicity at the Mast Farm Inn awarded Top 10 in 2010, 2nd Place in 2011, for The Best Dish in North Carolina Award. Best Dish is North Carolina’s Official State Competition presented every year by The North Carolina Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services and sponsored by Our State Magazine. In 2015 The Mast Farm Inn earns the fifth consecutive TripAdvisor Certificate Of Excellence and is inducted into The TripAdvisor® Hall of Fame. In 2014 The Mast Farm Inn is Nominated for Four Historic Hotels of America 2014 Awards. Historic Hotels of America Announces 2014 Award Nominees, and The Mast Farm Inn of Valle Crucis, North Carolina is nominated for Best Small Historic Hotel, Best Historic Food in Conjunction with a Historic Hotel, Best Hotel Historian of the Year, Best Social Media of a Historic Hotel. “The modest yet venerable North Carolina High Country institution is one of only six hotels in the nation to be nominated for four or more of the fourteen awards. Effectively in this stellar field of 83 finalists in fourteen categories, which includes The Waldorf-Astoria, The Plaza, The Brown Hotel, The Willard, The Fairmont, The Lenox, The Mayflower, The Inn at the Presidio, and The Grove Park Inn, only six hotels are finalists in more than 3 categories. These are The Mast Farm Inn of Valle Crucis, North Carolina, The Strater Hotel of Durango, Colorado, The Bedford Springs Resort & Spa of Bedford, Pennsylvania, The Royal Hawaiian of Waikiki Beach, Hawaii, The Jekyll Island Club of Jekyll Island, Georgia, and The Netherland Plaza of Cincinnati, Ohio.”
Make Your Own History at The Mast Farm Inn
• Historic Farmhouse, Cottage & Cabin Lodging
• Invigorating Retreats & Workshops
• Memorable Elopements, Weddings & Honeymoons
Award-winning Historic Hotels of America® boutique hotel, and Select Registry® country inn, specializing in historic lodging, weddings, elopements, honeymoons, retreats and workshops, in Historic Valle Crucis, North Carolina. The Mast Farm Inn is on the National Register of Historic Places, as is the entire historic district of Valle Crucis in which it is located; a world-renowned rural mountain village, in the western North Carolina Blue Ridge Parkway and Blue Ridge National Heritage Area.
INFORMATION & RESERVATIONS 1.828.963.5857 • CONTACT
WebSite | Register | FaceBook | Twitter | Pinterest | InstaGram | Google+ | Vimeo